Maintenance Technician (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6982
Description for Maintenance Tech:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairs and preventative maintenance of Distribution Center equipment and the building. This role will utilize technical, computer, and software skills to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, and identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner. Attention to detail and focus on safety will be critical in this role.
Responsibilities for Maintenance Tech:
- Maintain, repair and executes Preventive Maintenance on material handling and building equipment; proactive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Utilizes established PM and repair policies and procedures to return equipment to fully operational status
- Troubleshoot machines, conveyors, and air compressors
- Read and understand technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Responsible for welding, cutting, and light fabrication
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Work as a team member with operations and other technicians to support the facility in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize computer skills and software to understand workload and record actions (e.g., workorders, asset/labor history, inventory usage)
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., customers, suppliers, associates).
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Daily perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, Numina (voice to pick) systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, automation (conveyors, label printers, photo eyes, robots) equipment, packaging (air pillow machines) equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures
- Work order execution and root cause analysis
- Work with vendors for replacement parts
- Equipment installation and improvements
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties and assignments as assigned
Requirements for Maintenance Tech:
- 2-year Mechanical degree or equivalent technical/vocational degree
- 3+ years of hands-on maintenance experience preferred
- Understanding of how relays, contractors, breakers, overload, and sensors work
- Certified electrician, preferred Experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g., troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment)
- Must have experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems troubleshooting
- Automation and robotics experience, preferred
- Have a knowledge of basic electronics multimeter, hand tool, and power tool knowledge
- Must have strong computer skills
- Capability of supporting multiple facilities as directed
- On-call availability required