Maintenance Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6912
Description for Maintenance Manager:
Maintenance Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining a successful maintenance program that includes maintenance, repair and improvement of facility equipment, machinery, buildings and safety systems (hereinafter referred to as Equipment). This shall include the responsibility of keeping the department’s CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) updated and current. This position may also assist in the planning of cobalt and/or EtO requirements, and maintaining the facility’s regulatory documentation and requirements. This position shall provide reports on the Equipment status and performance as requested.
Responsibilities for Maintenance Manager:
- Promotes a team environment based on Safety, Quality and Productivity to meet the established goals set forth by the company.
- Recommends and participates in the planning and implementation of capital improvement projects.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Negotiates for the best terms possible with suppliers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of, and makes necessary adjustments to, regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on Equipment.
- Plans and implements Equipment and/or safety related continuous improvement projects.
- Analyzes unplanned downtime, develops corrective actions and establishes a proactive plan using the department’s CMMS to reduce or eliminate future occurrences.
- Plans and coordinates resources for any unplanned repairs of the Equipment.
- Enforces and promotes the Preventive Maintenance Program developed for his/her facility, and reviews effectiveness annually.
- Ensures all paperwork for planned and unplanned Equipment maintenance is completed properly and entered into the department’s CMMS.
- Enforces safety practices such as Lockout/Tagout and proper use of PPE by him/her self and by all technicians in the department.
- Ensures that all federal, state and local regulations are adhered to and maintains the facility such that it may be inspected by any regulatory agency at any time.
- Must be proficient in the requirements of the Senior Maintenance Technician, Project Technician and Maintenance Technician positions and shall be required to provide training to the technicians in these roles.
Requirements for Maintenance Manager:
- BS Degree in Engineering (preferred), will accept minimum of twelve (12) years of professional maintenance/facilities management experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment including a working knowledge of pneumatics, welding, mechanics, hydraulics, electrical, PLCs and electronic applications.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior management experience.
- Above average organizing and analyzing skills and Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans; attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Able to influence people in opinions, attitude or judgments; to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to supervise outside contractors.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening