Manager, Digital Impression Engineering
Greater Chicago area, IL
Job Requisition: 6399
Description of Manager, Digital Impression Engineering:
This manager will lead Product Engineering in dental digital impressions delivering new products on time, on budget, and within quality targets. Responsible for NPD process, regulatory requirements of new products, and team development. Will make resource allocation decisions on how to best develop and resource projects in the portfolio. Ultimately responsible for the delivery of engineering capability to satisfy product design demands of the organization.
Responsibilities for Manager, Digital Impression Engineering:
- Manage engineering efforts in compliance with medical device regulatory requirements and New Product Development (NPD) systems.
- Responsible for the technical and design management of current and new dental imaging and impression products.
- Hire and develop the technical skill level of the teammates to provide engineering support of dental digital impression product area.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, other Engineering Managers, and additional organizational functions to meet goals.
- Develop standards and processes to improve functional performance and effectiveness of team.
- Responsible for the technical development of direct team reports and manage the efforts of outside technical development firms.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in dental digital impression technology and application.
Requirements for Manager, Digital Impression Engineering:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is required; Master’s degree in technical or management field preferred.
- 10+ years experience within engineering.
- 2+ years management or leadership experience
- Technical experience in optical scanning/3D technology, dental digital impressions or medical devices.
- Technical aptitude
- Process improvement experience within a new product development or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory and NPD systems and processes
- Understanding of cGMP and/or ISO 13485 preferred