Manufacturing Automation Engineer – (6mth) Contract to Hire
Job Requisition: 6956
Manufacturing Automation Engineer:
Our client is committed to their exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. They are a well-established company that remains the entrepreneurial company they started out as and have today achieved a size where they can bring full power to many initiatives across the globe. This client’s most valuable asset are their employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Automation engineer who will primarily be responsible for identifying new and supporting / improving existing automated systems intended for use in processing and packaging of medical device components (bottled reagents and plastic components).
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Automation Engineer:
- Implementation and support of automated systems, providing direction and training to machine operators, driving lean process initiatives and project management.
- The environment is highly regulated. Compliance to cGMP (current good manufacturing practices regulations enforced by the FDA) requirements regarding documentation, qualification and change control.
- Position requires ability for “hands on” support of manufacturing operations.
Requirements for Manufacturing Automation Engineer:
- Minimum 3-5 years direct experience in a regulated manufacturing environment implementing and improving automated filling and /or packaging lines.
- BS/MS in related engineering field (Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing)
- Direct robotic assembly and machine PLC programming
- SCADA (system used for controlling monitoring and analyzing industrial devices) and technical design software (ACAD, Solid works)
- Must have good communication skills and technical writing ability.
- Project management experience and good team skills
- Ability to perform cost justification analysis and project budget development.
- Education: BS/MS in related engineering field (Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing)