Manufacturing Engineer(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6827
Description for Manufacturing Engineer:
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing and implementing manufacturing methods and processes that support product quantity and quality goals. Analyzes and improves the production process and production flow. Utilizes continuous improvement methods to reduce scrap and waste. Troubleshoot production issues and be involved with the integration of automation and robotics into the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Investigate production and process issues. providing technical support and training
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout. Assist with shop floor layout and work cell designs.
- Design new systems and processes and recommend facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products, or for the improvement of existing products. Implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) where possible to prevent errors.
- Assist with implementation of 5S and Visual Factory methodologies.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions
- Generate production documentation such as assembly instructions, equipment & tooling set-up instructions, and preventive maintenance instructions.
- Assist in the development of inspection methods and instructions
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required
- Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development
- Oversee installation of machinery and equipment
- Assist in the design of fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
- Plan and organize maintenance
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
- Assistance in the engineering change management process
- Keep up with relevant manufacturing engineering trends
- Oversight of gage calibration program
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer:
- BS in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or related engineering field
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience working in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement utilizing Lean processes such as Visual Factory, 5S, Kaizen, and SPC
- Knowledge of quality controls tools such as Fishbone, Pareto Analysis, and Poka Yoke
- Experience with creating Standard Work Instructions (SWI)
- Solid data analysis experience with intermediate skills in Excel
- Experience with troubleshooting production line issues
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 quality regulated environment
- Experience with shop floor layout planning, work cell design, and equipment installation
- Highly motivated individual who can work effectively independently or as part of a small team
- Hands-on individual with experience predominantly being on the manufacturing shop floor
Desired Experience for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience with AIAG core tools such as: APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, and MSA
- Experience working in a sheet metal fabrication environment with bending, stamping, cutting machinery
- Experience with Laying out work cells for robotics applications
- PLC programming & hardware set-up
- RoboDK robotics simulation software