Manufacturing Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Milwaukee Area, WI
Job Requisition: 6791
Description for Manufacturing Engineer:
The Manufacturing Engineer improves production processes using root cause analysis, process design, planning, quality control, operations management, and problem solving.
Our Client is a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high precision plastic products - with services including: engineering & design-for-manufacture, mold making, sampling, development & qualification, injection molding & value-added operations, multi-shot technologies, scalable automation, assemblies and application-specific turnkey manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Review production information to understand methods, processes and activities on the production floor. This includes - but is not limited to - production schedules, P.M. schedules, product process flows and engineering specs.
- Design and update production work cells to resolve production issues and eliminate waste.
- Assist with the creation and review of systems to ensure products meet quality control/quality assurance standards.
- Develop production standards for new products by working with NPI teams.
- Identify and provide solutions to scrap and downtime issues.
- Be responsible for awareness, collaboration, and cooperative ownership of product launches beginning in M4 phase of NPI launch process.
- Understand and develop working knowledge of our ERP system (IQMS) to identify and reduce production material variance
- Develop into CI Leader on the production floor
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of injection molding processes
- Strong Troubleshooting skills and mechanical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools, as well as their designs and uses.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Cell layout and product flow optimization skills.
- Good understanding and ability to perform tasks and create documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. CAD/CAM skills highly desired