Description for Manufacturing Engineer:
Manufacturing Engineers will be hands on and will spend the majority of their time on the factory floor and must have significant machining experience. Engineers will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and tooling and sequence and flow of operations to produce components and products or working with other Engineers and personnel to achieve these goals. The best qualified Engineers will be ambitious and self-reliant with a problem-solving focus and be able to function autonomously with a “cradle to grave process ownership” focus. Our company’s manufacturing philosophy is integrated CNC single piece flow value streams, much like the automotive manufacturing industry. Work is performed in a machining and assembly plant environment, where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Manufacturing and assembly process definition while considering sequence of operations, human factors, and efficient material flow
- Component machining and assembly processes design including CNC machining centers, precision grinding processes, managing and controlling extremely tight tolerances, CAD (Solid works), CAM (MasterCAM), Metrology (CMM, in-line gaging, surface plate, air gaging, etc.), and GD&T application.
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment, tooling and gaging required in plants for the production of high quality component parts
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology including metal cutting and fixture design
- Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Utilize GD&T to assure fundamental work holding, processing and that gage control will meet design intent.
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 2+ years of manufacturing experience working CNC machining environment
- Strong knowledge of setting up and operating CNC equipment with a solid understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, macro-programming, fixture and gage design
- Experience with CAD / CAM software for CNC applications
- Experience setting up new manufacturing lines from component blueprint to production
- Hands on experience troubleshooting manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of fixture and gauge design
- Knowledge of Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) and various metrology methods and tools
- Solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Continuous Improvement experience with Lean Manufacturing methods, including Value Stream Mapping
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments using critical/Socratic thinking skills and root-cause analysis techniques
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 quality regulated environment
- Solid Excel and data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Desired Skills for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience with 3D design utilizing SolidWorks or another similar 3D CAD program
- Advanced knowledge of metrology and CMM experience
- Experience with CNC automation
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.