Manufacturing Engineer(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6993
Description forManufacturing Engineer:
This Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs, analyzes and coordinates manufacturing processes for continuous improvement in conjunction
with Client’s strategic plan. Typical experience is focused on shop floor problem solving, ECO introduction, work instruction preparation, time studies, automation equipment, etc. Demonstrated ability to analyze/utilize root cause analysis.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Develops, evaluates, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirement, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency using the company’s PPS system utilizing Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Works with Engineering and programming on material requirements and sheet utilization for maximum sheet utilization through nesting programs.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient Lean production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Drives defects to root cause, implements countermeasure, and reports Customer concern response.
- Pilot review product changes and coordination.
- Utilizes statistical data to establish base-line metrics, opportunity justification, project prioritization, and gauging / reporting improvement.
- Responsibilities may also include: maintaining records and request to purchase equipment and tools.
- Supports and participates in Client’s PPS team efforts.
- Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer:
- BSME, BSIE, or equivalent, plus 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Automotive/Truck industry or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize at least one root cause analysis method (8D, 5Y, A3).
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Statistical Analysis and reporting
- Strong communication skills: Verbal, Written
- Basic PC skills
- Education: BS in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent