Manufacturing Engineer Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: # 6994
Description for Manufacturing Engineer Manager:
This Manufacturing Engineering Manager Manages workload of the facility and set priorities and provides direction. They must ensure the readiness of new engineering projects for manufacturing. This includes design for manufacturability, tooling, fixturing, and routings/ops. Ensures resolution of daily manufacturing floor issues using root cause analysis. Managing the resources allocated to the manufacturing engineering team (6-8 MEs). They must also organize all manufacturing-related activities required by the New Product Development process (NPD) and verify completion.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer Manager:
- Assigns reviews of new parts and assemblies for manufacturability and feasibility, ensures validity of results and confirms closure of action items.
- Organizes all manufacturing-related activities required by the New Product Development process (NPD) and verifies completion.
- Manages workload of fixture design staff. Sets priorities and provides direction.
- Ensures that all new assemblies and installations have manufacturing routings and times.
- Oversees the creation, maintenance, and display of Standardized Work Instructions for all manufacturing facilities of responsibility.
- Manages the Layered Process Audit section of the auditing system with regards to scheduling, reviewing mitigations, and updating the audit documents
- Oversees daily activities of engineering technicians, assists in resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Leads investigation, justification, and implementation of capital improvement projects.
- Initiates and directs activity on Kaizen events to produce sustainable results
- Interviews and hires new staff; prioritizes, assigns and reviews work, approves time off for payroll purposes and prepares and reviews employee performance evaluations.
- Supports and participates in client’s PPS team efforts.
- Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineer Manager:
- BS in an Engineering discipline with 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Work experience in a high complexity design/production environment required, complete vehicle assembly/development preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem solving (A3, 8D, or similar)
- Fundamental knowledge of 3D design and PDM, DFMEA, FEA, DVP&R and similar.
- Ability to work in a Team oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills along with superior verbal and written communication skills