Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job Requisition: 6378
Description for Manufacturing Engineering Manager:
Manufacturing Engineering Manager will provide leadership and drive results in the engineering, design, development, and implementation of life-saving products for a global medical devices company. Working cross-functionally with Production, R&D, Quality, and other groups, this manager will direct the transfer and scale-up of products from development to production, identifying and integrating new technologies into products and processes.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineering Manager:
- Manage the manufacturing engineering functions of development projects within a multidisciplinary project team.
- Mentor and develop cross-functional team members.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot problems to assess root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Manage the development, implementation and creative uses of processes and equipment for manufacturing of products to achieve cost effectiveness and product quality.
- Provide engineering support to operations.
- Work with product development teams to ensure the manufacturability of designs.
- Create and modify product design specifications.
- Work to transfer manufacturing lines from one facility to a newly built one.
- Conduct PFMEA and Risk Management analysis.
- Work to identify opportunities for manufacturing automation and implement.
Requirements for Manufacturing Engineering Manager:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline required
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership for a team
- Prior experience working in the medical devices industry and knowledge of FDA regulations highly desired
- Strong manufacturing process improvement/process development background, Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Strong problem-solving capability and experience with Root-Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience with PFMEA and Risk Analysis
- Experience with production line support
- Experience working in a quality regulated environment.
- Strong leadership characteristics with a knack for mentoring junior engineers.
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, compelling manner, both orally and in writing
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where navigating grey areas is a welcomed challenge preferred.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of self-drive
Desired for Manufacturing Engineering Manager:
- Experience transferring manufacturing lines.
- Experience in manufacturing automation machinery and automating various manufacturing processes.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening