Mechanical Buyer(Direct Hire)
Downers Grove, IL
Description for Mechanical Buyer
ThisMechanical Buyer to join our Supply Chain team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Buyer:
- Review and process all mechanical Bills of Materials (BOM’s) as released by the Mechanical Engineering group.
- Select vendors and write purchase orders
- Obtain quotations and process orders to procure mechanical components.
- Negotiate pricing both on a case-by-case basis and through long-term agreements
- Insure that all orders are delivered on time and expedite as needed
- Interface with the Mechanical Engineering group
- Notify management of significant deviation from projected cost or delivery
- Assist in the development and maintenance of consistent purchasing department practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements for Mechanical Buyer:
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and material requirements.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Experience sourcing electrical components is a plus.
- Basic understanding of mechanical fabrication processes such as machining, welding, and sheet metal fabrication is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with assembling custom industrial equipment preferred
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.