Mechanical Cryogenic Engineer
Greater Chicago, IL area
Job Requisition: 6424
Description of Mechanical Cryogenic Engineer:
The Mechanical Cryogenic Engineer will be responsible for mechanical and cryogenic engineering, product design, fabrication, and field installation & commissioning of equipment used in industrial processes and scientific applications. The ideal candidate is an expert in project management with a strong background in fabrication and cryogenic engineering for this custom engineering company focusing on precision-machined products.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Cryogenic Engineer:
- Assist Chief Engineer and clients in developing, designing, and manufacturing cost effective equipment and systems used in industrial and cryogenic processes.
- Consult in diagnosing and developing solutions for equipment and system problems.
- Support manufacturing in the development of innovative manufacturing methods, jigs and fixtures, and solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Interact with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Code organizations and other approval agencies for the acceptance of products and services.
- Support sales and marketing activities that result in revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Direct activities of drafters, designers and technicians on assigned projects.
- Assist with component sourcing and vendor management.
Requirements for Mechanical Cryogenic Engineer:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
- 7+ years’ engineering experience including design, analysis, fabrication, installation, commissioning and documentation of mechanical equipment, safety documentation and process systems.
- Knowledge of low temperature material properties or standard cryogenic engineering required.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, such as manufacturing, welding, and fabrication mandatory.
- Experience in mechanical engineering design and analysis tools such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), SolidWorks and CAD systems.
- Familiarity with ASME Code welding and application of weld symbols highly desirable.
- Experience working within a ISO90001 environment preferred.
- Ability to design machined pieces, welded assemblies and piping assemblies.
- Must have drafting experience. Capable of making preliminary sketches and manufacturing drawings.
- Good communication skills and comfortable working cross-functionally with physicists, engineers, technicians, and commercial managers.