Mechanical Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6808
*H1b Visas considered. Covid Vaccination required
Description for Mechanical Design Engineer:
Exciting new role created due to growth for specialty life-saving gas detection equipment devices OEM used by First Responders and gas production industry. You will support the Lead Product Designer who will support your training needs if you are an ambitious mechanical engineer. Role is firmly onsite 5 days a week.
Requirements for Mechanical Design Engineer:
We will consider a new graduate with internship experience but prefer someone with at least 2 years full time mechanical engineering design. This engineer with spend about 40% of time designing, 40% troubleshooting and 20% material selection and supporting onsite manufacturing floor. You will see your designs be manufactured!
- 2+ years of mechanical engineering design experience in a regulated industry for smaller components like cell phones, medical devices, automotive components, for such things as packaging of electronics for new product development and some sustaining
- Experience successfully working in a Lean organization as co. is moving into Lean journey
- Demonstrated ability to author and review tolerance stack-up analysis, with or without training
- Ability to create, interpret, and revise 3D CAD and GD&T drawings (SolidWorks preferred, open to Creo or Inventor)
- Experience performing calculations based on mechanical engineering principles, theories, formulas
- Comfortable with design documentation (DFMEA/DFM) and applying root cause investigation techniques as needed
- Demonstrated ability to author, review, and execute verification test protocols/reports based on product specifications and lower-level requirements
- BOM experience and working with engineering change notifications/ECN
- Ability to perform statistical analysis on raw data
- ISO a plus (9001 or any ISO)
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering
- Basic project management skills such as the ability to prioritize work
*If interested, please submit resume, and include any samples of your mechanical designs. Company will consider transferring H1B Visa and supporting Permanent Residency.