Mechanical Engineer (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6940
Description for Mechanical Engineer: This client is a fast-growing mission driven startup seeking talented and experienced Mechanical Engineer with a specialty in rapid prototyping, product, and feature creation. The ideal candidate will need to be a creative problem-solver with a passion for innovation and a commitment to removing microplastics from the environment through the development of high-quality prototypes and features.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer:
- Design, Develop and create prototypes of filters and filter features using a variety of methods and materials, including 3D printing, CNC machining, and manual fabrication.
- Think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, engineers, and technicians, to ensure that prototypes meet the required specifications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with prototypes, making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and trends in rapid prototyping and make recommendations for incorporating new techniques into our processes.
- Manage time effectively to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements for Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Design, or a related field
- 3D Printing Experience.
- 3- 5 years of experience with rapid prototyping, with a focus in human centered design and product design.
- Experience in either the filter or appliance industry (Nice to have).
- High Proficiency in CAD software, such as SolidWorks, and other engineering tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Design, or a related field
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.