Mechanical Engineer(Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6787
Description for Mechanical Engineer:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be creating the initial designs for the off-highway haul truck accessories that our Client manufactures. You will be developing core ideas for customized products based on extensive customer consultation and time spent discussing their equipment specifications, performance expectations, materials to be hauled, etc. This role will work in collaboration with our Client's associates in our Engineering and Production departments and take the lead in creating the designs and prints to meet those customer specifications. As a Design Engineer, you may also facilitate modifications to existing designs or products to improve performance or integrate new technology. This position offers professional growth potential for the right candidate, and the opportunity to work on something unique and innovative.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer:
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Create presentations and reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data.
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
Requirements forMechanical Engineer:
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role designing weldments or steel fabrications
- 4-year engineering degree (Mechanical, Agricultural, Mining or similar)
- Experience with CAD systems, especially Autodesk Inventor or similar programs
- P.E. license or interest and ability to pursue licensing
- Candidate needs to have a strong understanding, background, and use of hydraulics both from the design standpoint and manufacturing standpoint
- Candidates with a strong background in design and special products a plus