Mechanical Project Engineer(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6959
Description for Mechanical Project Engineer:
The Mechanical Project Engineer manages facility and manufacturing improvement projects, develops plans, and produces project budgets including ROI calculations. This person will support the maintenance department leading plant capital improvement projects and troubleshooting building and equipment repairs. Conducts testing of new equipment, as well as making modifications to existing processes and equipment. Works in conjunction with operations management in making modifications to processes and equipment work instructions along with training
Responsibilities for Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Testing-Development of new equipment.
- Improves/refines existing equipment.
- Project Management to incorporate design and budgets for projects.
- Maintains a physical and direct functional and supportive role with multiple facility Maintenance and Manufacturing groups.
- Assists plant maintenance with advanced troubleshooting.
- Provides floor support to troubleshoot process problems using continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques
- Ensures that products and systems comply with applicable codes.
- Reports routine activities on a monthly basis, keeping relevant staff members up to date more frequently on rapidly moving projects.
- Initiates or supplies documentation for capital projects using TPM tools used within the EEM pillar and the six-step management methodology.
- Supports all new equipment & process in-house training classes, which are associated with the department and the company’s needs.
Requirements for Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Have a minimum four-year college Mechanical Engineering degree or related degree
- At least 5 years of related industry experience in chemical or process manufacturing industries.
- Experience leading capital equipment projects in a chemical manufacturing setting
- Should be proficient in creating and reading electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings using AutoCAD.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of mechanical/motion/hydraulic systems and solve other problems as encountered. Basic troubleshooting knowledge of electrical systems.
- Understand the basic use of instrumentation devices, programmable controllers and their associated roles with system operation.
- Assist in the trouble shooting of instrumentation devices and PLC's and be able to help identify the source of the problem.
- Project management skills set
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally, U.S. Passport required
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.