Network Engineer I (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: SD8417485
Description for Network Engineer:
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead and Director IT Operations, the Network Engineer I is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operation and maintenance of all city networks.
Essential Functions of Network Engineer:
- Installs and configures hardware and software.
- Conducts and manages backups and DR solutions.
- Establishes and revises documentation on applications and systems.
- Coordinates schedules maintenance and repair of all computer equipment.
- Responds to Support Desk requests from all users.
- Makes design and purchasing recommendations for the lifecycles and replacements of technologies.
- Performs other duties assigned as related to the position.
Responsibilities for Job Title:
- Requires the ability to approach problems systematically, analyzing and evaluating solutions.
- Requires the ability to multi-task
- Preferred working knowledge with some or all of the following technologies: Fortinet/Cisco/Nokia LAN & WAN network infrastructure, Office 365, MS Active Directory, Desktop Application Distribution, MS SharePoint, and Desktop.
- Preferred experience with SCCM Config Manager, Microsoft Server and PC operating systems including their supporting technologies such as DNS, DHCP, MDM, Anti-virus, etc.
Qualifications for Hire:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or at least 3-4 years relative experience
- IT and related network certifications (MCSE, CCNA, etc.) are preferred, but not required.
**Requires possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license and background check completion.