NPI Project Engineer (Direct hire)
Job Requisition: 6639
Description for NPI Project Engineer:
The NPI Project Engineer is primarily responsible to interface with sales and customers to define customer requirements, specifications, utilize Project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item lists, assigning responsibility, completion dates and achieving milestones. Additionally, provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor. This individual will assist in developing process and work with Process Engineers in developing new processes. The NPI Project Engineer is also responsible for developing tooling and coordinating with tooling vendors for mold/fixture builds.
Responsibilities for NPI Project Engineer:
- Complete projects, report status, and document lessons learns in and efficient manner.
- Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item lists, assigning responsibility, completion dates and achieving milestones throughout our client NPI phase gated process.
- Maintain weekly tracking of NPI status on the Lincolnshire NPI tracking spreadsheet.
- Lead flawless launch activities and solicit active participation in feasibility meetings, PFMEA, DFM, part print review, tool design review and kaizen events using cross-functional teams.
- Provide timely support to quoting team in determining most efficient manufacturing methods and tool design concepts that will lead to competitively quoted products and prompt RFQ response.
- Interface with the sales team and customers to clearly define customer requirements and specifications.
- Closely work with tooling vendors for mold builds that meet cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
- Execute validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new product, equipment, tooling, and processes. Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Work closely with Process Engineers in developing new processes, tooling and manufacturing concepts that will meet customer expectations on cost, quality, and delivery.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor in ensuring production of quality products. Work with other support departments to maintain on-time delivery goals.
- Lead process improvement and waste elimination efforts through application of lean principles and actively participate in continuous improvement events.
- Works with Quality Control team to generate, update and implement all project related documentation including control plans, work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample request, process guides and troubleshooting guides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering
- Communicate effectively with Client’s employees and Management.
- Demonstrates all the Client’s corporate values
- Open & honest communications
- Customer focus
Requirements for NPI Project Engineer:
- Bachelor of science from a college or university in an engineering or science related field, and
- 3-5 years of rubber and/or silicone molding experience.
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
- Must be detail oriented, focused, and able to produce accurate and professional documents
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other statistical analysis software). Solidworks or CAD modeling software is a plus, windows-based software (Visual ERP)