Description forPackaging Engineering Manager:
As a key member of the team, the Packaging Engineering Manager will be focused on expanding client’s machine capabilities by leading and directing a team of 2 Sr. process engineers. This is a hands-on role for the PEM as they will be expected to work M-F on the floor with the engineering team to effectively manage various projects for their med device / pharma clients. Key responsibilities will include, troubleshooting mechanical issues with various machines and continuously effectively work on new projects. Knowledge of high-speed packaging manufacturing machines is needed. Additionally working on customizing parts and additions to current machines to make custom pouches for clients and working on keeping current machines running at maximum efficiency.
Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer:
- The Packaging Engineering Manager will be expected to work collaborative with the engineering team daily on various client projects.
- Work on continuous improvement projects on current machines and being able to quantify results using Lean or 6 Sigma methods.
- They are responsible for ensuring that the daily and long-term projects and issue resolutions take place at the company’s main manufacturing facility.
- This is a highly communicative role with a degree of pressure due to maintaining the manufacturing processes despite daily challenges.
- Experience expanding inhouse machine capabilities to do custom work for various customers.
Requirements for Title:
- BA in Engineering Required (preferably Processing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering).
- 2 yrs of managing engineers or process engineers.
- 7 or higher years of experience in process or mechanical engineering in the packaging industry.
- Experience in CAD tool Solid Works – machine drawing experience.
- Experience with Statistical Software (10% is doing statistical analysis)
- Knowledge in Lean or 6 Sigma.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.