Part-time Administrative Assistant
Contract Role – 20 Hours per week
Job Requisition: 6420
Description for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
Under general direction of the Department Director and other management personnel, performs administrative duties, conducts filing and organizational tasks, assists with special projects, serves as a liaison between the department and public as needed.
Responsibilities for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
- Provides general administrative support to management staff as assigned.
- Researches and evaluates information as requested; obtains, organizes, prepares and distributes required information and documents.
- Utilizes various computer software programs for analysis of various projects and preparation of reports.
- Conducts research for and drafts resolutions, ordinances, and correspondence.
- Processing department applications
- Front office responsibilities: greeting visitors, fielding phone calls
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Two years administrative support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Requires ability to keep matters in confidence.
- Requires working knowledge of policies, practices and procedures in municipal government.
- Requires ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires ability to perform research; organize, prepare and present findings accurately and concisely.
- Requires ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.