Plant Program Manager (Direct Hire)
Greater Milwaukee Area, WI
Job Requisition: 6792
Description for Plant Program Manager:
The Plant Program Manager manages assigned corporate projects and correspondence with customers and plant management for the Client facility.
Our Clientis a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high precision plastic products - with services including: engineering & design-for-manufacture, mold making, sampling, development & qualification, injection molding & value-added operations, multi-shot technologies, scalable automation, assemblies and application-specific turnkey manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities for Plant Program Manager:
- Be responsible for all aspects of a customer’s project including tool builds (when sourced as part of the project), qualification, and production.
- Manage both budget and administrative responsibilities on assigned programs.
- Drive execution of projects for the integrated product development team (kick-off through project close).
- Lead program reviews that provide appropriate status, costs, and risk management.
- Report program status to Plant Management weekly.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtain management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Seek Plant Management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problem as they arise
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Responsible for general management of product launch into the production environment. Coordinate production resources to deliver smooth launch activity.
- Assure a timely closeout of program phase gates to ensure that customer obligations are satisfied, and program documentation is correct.
- Understand and develop program metrics. Communicate the expectations to the plant.
- Lead program improvement activities with specific cost reduction targets.
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (ex. developing BOM and ECO).
- Understand lean and process improvement principles.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Plant Program Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field of study.
- 3+ years of project engineering or program management experience
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
- Solid leadership and management skills.
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment.
- A working understanding of an ERP system.
- A working understanding of earned value principles, strong communication skills, proven track record of exceptional customer satisfaction, and the capability to provide leadership across cross-functional teams.
- Experience interfacing and leading other departments on a program.
- Plastics injection molding background preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and solid judgement skills