Principal EE, smaller team, Buffalo Grove IL (hybrid 3 days onsite)
H1b transfers considered, medical or dental equip. design a plus
You will lead design, develop, and document and test electronic systems, components and circuits for use in dental equipment products for NPD and sustaining. This is a senior role ideal for someone with technical AND leadership skill set.
• Evaluate, select and adapt or modify standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Devise innovative approaches to problems.
• Advise on the scope of projects and independently performs assignments as to the general results expected.
• Lead assignments directed by specific instructions, objectives, complex features and unusual acceptance criteria.
• Analyze system requirements, customer needs, regulatory and standard compliance, device safety, device usability and cost with cross-functional consideration.
• Design and test printed circuit boards, cable assemblies, devices and systems.
• Document confidential descriptions and specifications of proprietary hardware and software, product development and introduction schedules, product costs, and information about product performance weaknesses.
• Provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems.
• Lead cross functional teams in the compliance to regulatory norms and recognized or voluntary standards in the electronics areas of the assignments.
• Mentor the members of the electronics engineering group.
• BSEE OR MSEE
• Expert in the use of EDA (electronic design automation) Software, i.e. Altium or Mentor Graphics PADs, Eagle, AutoCAD, KiCAD
• Ability to prepare Test Protocols and Test Reports.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to mentor engineers and share technical expertise
• Lead by influence throughout the organization.
• Ability to lead and manage projects and/or project teams.
• Strong decision-making abilities
• Ability to perform research on advanced technology and use that to influence product direction