Principal Software Engineer, Surgical Navigation
Job Requisition: 6409
Description of Principal Software Engineer, Surgical Navigation:
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for providing leadership in the development of cutting-edge surgical navigation products used in the medical field. Responsible for applying technical expertise toward developing Windows software applications for surgical navigation technology. Will work on the design, development, test and maintenance of software used in the medical field.
Responsibilities for Principal Software Engineer, Surgical Navigation:
- Lead design, development, testing and documenting of software components and applications.
- Leading requirements gathering, estimating and planning efforts.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and support existing software products.
- Support labs and surgical evaluations of products.
- Identify and lead on-going professional development activities.
- Follow Navigation product development standards and practices.
- Identify and ensure the successful implementation of process improvements.
- Willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
- Effectively leading development teams within and across business units.
Requirements for Principal Software Engineer, Surgical Navigation:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences discipline, MS preferred
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Unity software
- Expert Knowledge of software design patterns, development, continuous integration, debug and test practices
- Proven technical and team leadership skills and mentoring capabilities
- Expert knowledge of software design including Object Oriented Design and design patterns.
- Software development experience within the medical industry preferred
- Experience in C++, Java
- Experience in modern, iterative software design processes and development practices including agile and test-driven development.
- Project Management skills, including planning, estimation and requirements