Process Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6470
Description for Process Engineer:
This position is primarily responsible for the development, evaluation, documentation, and implementation of processes to support the overall productivity, quality, and consistency of operations with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
Responsibilities for Process Engineer:
- Communicate, train, audit, and measure the processes ensuring employees are trained to understand the quality system.
- Facilitate the integrity and effectiveness of the quality system by auditing, corrective action and continuous improvement to prevent internal and external issues.
- Permanently resolves and documents internal and external issues through the use of appropriate problem-solving tools (8D, 5P, 5 Why, Fishbone) Verifies the corrective action documentation system.
- Audits, evaluates and documents the implementation (Auditing) and capability (Measurement) of all processes to meet customer and company requirements.
- Lead the MRB to address and resolve internal and external issues expeditiously to support our quality and delivery objectives.
- Maintain Quality certifications (ISO, Lab, CQI’s etc.)
- Verifies that test, production, and inspection equipment is properly calibrated and that calibration records are properly maintained.
- Publishes scheduled summary reports for defective materials, PPAP’s (W/timeliness), Cost of Quality, Flash Report, Corrective Action Timeliness, Special projects, Etc.
- Facilitates customer audits and self-audits.
- Acts as customer liaison on quality issues and develops and maintains mutually beneficial customer relationships. Responds to customers within the time limit required.
- Provides performance feedback to vendors and maintains list of approved sources.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts using closed loop management methods to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure that all processes meet all quality requirements (ISO, CQI, Customer and Company requirements).
- Directs and facilitates the ongoing Continuous Improvement process through the use of team building and problem solving.
- Develops, controls, and maintains FMEAS, Control Plans, Flow Charts, Visual Control Plans and other critical production/quality documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Identify needs related to improvements in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost reductions.
- Establish metrics to monitor savings as compared to established goal and targets.
- Support department supervisors by reviewing and maintaining Quality Documents.
- Support process engineering, design, and development.
Requirements for Process Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or experience equivalent
- 2 years Quality related courses or experience equivalent
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Experience with formal Root Cause methodologies such as 8D, 5Why, Fishbone, etc.
- Exposure to Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Exposure to process improvement/design
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative team building relationships.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with the highest level of quality.
- Ability to learn and implement quickly
Desired for Process Engineer:
- Experience with industrial robotics/automation
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 environment
- Lean Six Sigma Certification