Process Engineer – Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 6806
Description for Process Engineer:
Responsible for all phases of process design work for commercial projects supporting global customers across various industries. This includes developing heat and weight balances, equipment sizing and specification, developing PFDs and P&IDs, and developing and executing project plans for delivery of engineering packages. This position will lead various engineering projects and initiatives at any given time. Coordinating with a cross-functional global team is essential to ensure that the robust process is followed, resulting in timely and accurate project execution. This role will also mentor on all engineering disciplines assigned to projects
Responsibilities for Process Engineer:
- Develop and evaluate process concepts to optimize the manufacturing process.
- Interact with internal teams/ external partners / third party service providers / process equipment manufacturers to conduct process development experiments and trials
- Accountable for basic engineering packages which includes, but is not limited to:
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s).
- Detailed Heat and Weight Balances for new or modified processes.
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Equipment lists and specifications.
- Delivering on-schedule and within project budgets
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner with technically sound positions.
- Utilize specified software, models, and company’s proprietary tools to size equipment.
- Validate calculations, heat and weight balances data, equipment sizing, and equipment specification information pre-packaged by other Process Engineers.
- Work with plant operations personnel to troubleshoot operation issues.
- Identify, evaluate, and justify process improvement projects
- Interact with third parties such as equipment vendors, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors and industry consultants.
- Participate in or lead process HAZOPs and risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Develop and share best practices with the engineering team and throughout the company.
- Prepare accurate calculations, some of which are non-standard.
- Lead in the continuous improvement effort of company’s design methodologies and tools to address customers’ needs and the productivity within the company
- Provide R&D, sales, and Technical Services support, as required.
Requirements for Process Engineer:
- 4-7 years of experience in the position offered or similar
- Demonstrated experience with developing basic engineering packages
- Experience with specification of equipment such as reactors, tanks, heat exchangers pumps, and vessels
- Ability to gather data, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation, control valves, and control loops
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to use chemical engineering principles and technoeconomic analysis to develop and evaluate new process concepts or configurations
- Global Travel 25%
Education: BS in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or comparable engineering discipline
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.