Product Design Engineer II (Contract)
Job Requisition: 6942
Description for Product Design Engineer II: This Product Design Engineer will be joining the existing Product & Textile Engineering for an opportunity to be immersed in cutting edge Product Design with an emphasis on consumer safety & compliance! The ideal candidate will join the team with immediate design work support. They will be directly involved with innovations and safety updates to both Mechanical and Electrical systems with Loop Cords of the various window shades, including motorization and automation (IoT) of lift systems within window shades or blinds. As part of the Product and Textile Engineering team, they will support activities that both grow and run the business. From simple changes and updates to complex window shade development projects, they will design, develop, test and validate the components and assemblies that are sold through our varying channels. The efforts will have a direct impact on reducing labor and material costs, while improving value, safety, reliability, and performance. Product responsibilities include several business unit products and all support componentry. This engineer will plan and manage activities related to conceptualization, product design, and manufacturing process functions. The product design engineer interface with project leaders and assisting with design work, specing, test planning, and prototyping.
Responsibilities of the Product Design Engineer ll:
Breakdown of this product design engineer is 60% design, 20% testing, and 20% general projects (researching and writing up test requirements). They will apply their ability to understand, accurately specify, and adhere to customer requirements, through several different activities:
- Translating customer needs into functional product designs while working with cross -functional teams.
- Improving existing product or component designs to achieve safety standards, cost reduction or product improvement objectives.
- Providing manufacturing support to resolve production issues or supply concerns.
- Developing working prototypes which can be used for functional evaluation.
Requirements for Product Design Engineer ll:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3-4 years of engineering design experience and history of personal and professional accomplishments, creativity and problem solving.
- Solid background in product design.
- Plastic Injection molding experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ease with working with supply chain team.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field