Product Development Engineer – Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 7055
Description of Product Development Engineer:
This client designs, manufactures, and markets absorbent hygiene products. The primary responsibility of the Product Development Engineer is to support driving value for their designated business team through a partnership with Procurement, Marketing, Sales, Business Support and Operations.
Responsibilities for Product Development Engineer:
- Develop, share and execute against the product roadmap in collaboration with global marketing, brand, sales, procurement and business support.
- Identify and drive innovation and product improvements that keep products relevant and competitive within the marketplace. Lead these product changes from concept to commercial implementation.
- Participate in cross-functional product teams.
- Conducts in-depth product evaluations. Includes bench evaluation, product fit simulations and consumer panel testing.
- Participates and presents (either in person or teleconference) in various product development/ technology meetings.
- Prepares product development machine trials to qualify new product concepts and materials so that business support can plan and conduct.
- Supports the sales and marketing functions with customer meetings and technical requests.
- Works with material suppliers to understand new technologies and materials that are suitable and desirable in our finished products.
Requirements for Product Development Engineer:
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (ME or ChE preferred) or other technical degrees considered.
- Preferred 1-3 yrs experience but new grads welcome if aptitude enables design work to be integrated into a business environment.
- Knowledge of data storage, data reporting, and data analysis. (SAP experience preferred).
- Knowledge of statistical techniques to make data driven decisions.
- Aptitude for devices utilizing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electrical processes.
- Detail oriented. Ability to collect and organize large amounts of data.
- Understanding of project management techniques.
- Ability to maintain multiple active projects at the same time.