Product Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6928
Description for Product Engineer:
This engineer will be working specifically on new product development of EV vehicles. They will ensure successful development and launch for multiple projects related to research and development projects and programs, utilizing a gated development process, client’s engineering standards, and appropriate project/program management tools. This engineer will assist in small group program management – allocating projects to teams within vehicle subsystems; making sure the timeline is running on launch schedule.
Responsibilities for Product Engineer:
- Ability to conceptualize creative solutions to complex and abstract problems
- Uses ENG tools to analyze designs to meet requirements for strength, functionality, ergonomics, safety and quality.
- Create subsystem and component level development timing plans for assigned projects and programs
- Provide costing data for assigned truck segments/products from initial estimates through supplier quotes
- Complete product development and maintenance as required by using NPD gated process.
- Provide technical guidance to external and internal suppliers
- Communicates and coordinates with suppliers to develop specifications for products and/or components.
- Lead efforts to complete drawings, create bills of material and Engineering Change Orders to support the project
- Participate in the contract reviews, Scoping, PIE (Project Initiation Event) and other internal activities
- Support cross-functional team activities.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to resolve design issues of vehicles in development
- Utilizes CAD/modelling software for projects as required
- Produces and implements designs and test procedures and presents those designs to the project team.
- Assists in testing, evaluations, modification, and re-testing of products
- Contribute to quoting process for solutions appropriate and profitable to the program
- Participate in scoping of the resources and evaluation of the technical feasibility of a proposed vehicle
Requirements for Product Engineer:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 2+years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Problem-solving skills using various techniques and tools such as A3, 8D or similar
- Demonstrated Experience in Sub-system Project Management skills
- Proven ability to navigate and modify components and assemblies within 3D CAD software.
- Fundamental knowledge of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of DFMEA
- Ability to work in a Team oriented environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven track record of large projects management on time and on budget
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering