Product Specialist (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6462
Description for Product Specialist:
Sales leadership function, collaborating with sales, marketing, management, and the technology team to qualify customer requirements and opportunities in order to promote the sale of company products. Provides technical and application expertise to all departments.
Responsibilities for Product Specialist:
- Single point of contact for the designated Product Line covering all aspects of the products and industries served as subject matter expert.
- Maintain close relationship with Technology and Industry heads at corporate headquarters to stay up to date on all developments and innovations pertaining to the Product Line.
- Support the sales team with technical and commercial competence relevant to their Product Line.
- Daily interaction with customers, in coordination with Regional Sales team, to develop project requirements, and define/qualify equipment specifications.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the Tech Team (inside sales) for formal customer RFQ’s and subsequent quotation.
- Participate in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Work closely with Director of Sales and marketing in conducting market analysis to develop product definitions in response to customer needs and market opportunities. Assist in planning and executing Product Line Go to Market plan on an industry-by-industry level.
- Monitor sales and quote activity of their Product Line and focus the organizations resources on the required areas to meet targets.
- Provide training to various internal departments and to external sources.
- Work directly with the customer when on-site testing the application of the equipment to meet the customer’s process requirements.
- Travel to customer’s site to see equipment in operation, meetings, and aid in trouble shooting if required.
- Attend customer meetings, sales presentations, trade shows, and meetings at the offices of sister companies as required.
- Travel typically 40-60+%
- Overnight travel may vary, anticipated to be 20-50+%
Requirements for Product Specialist:
- BS in Engineering from accredited school preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience in the capital equipment industry with high level of exposure to technical sales. Markets such as fertilizers, ceramics, glass, foundries