Production Coordinator, Co-manufacturing (Direct Hire)
Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job Requisition: 6531
Description for Production Coordinator, Co-manufacturing:
The Co-manufacturing Production Coordinator is responsible for managing all activities related to the trialing and commercialization of our food products located at our co-man facilities across the country including scheduling, inventory of raw ingredients and packaging, leading production and logistics coordination. The plant Co-manufacturing Production Coordinator will also have the opportunity to be part of early-stage biotechnology that will positively impact people around the globe.
Responsibilities for Production Coordinator, Co-manufacturing:
- Be the primary point of contact for production activities with contract manufacturers once relationship are established
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager to allocate necessary materials needed for trial and production runs.
- In some cases, order the proper level of inventory for ingredients, packaging, and consumable to assure the production needs are met at the various co-manufacturing facilities across the country
- Develop strategies to assure no interruption in the supply of raw material, pack, or consumable and anticipate any potential interruption in service and develop contingency plans.
- Analyze historical and ongoing production against quality specs and per-product-line requirements to help inform product formulation and sales planning.
- Work with the contract manufacturers quality and production teams to ensure that quality programs and production procedures are mutually understood and executed
- Track level of inventory and quality of finished goods inventory on hand
- Ensure logistics of necessary inventory and finished foods are properly coordinated to meet production and sales needs
- Ensure finished goods inventory data in ERP are accurate and up-to-date
- Establish and manage relationships with all of the internal and external partners involved in contract manufacturing.
- Work closely with quality, regulatory and product development functions to meet corporate goals, including timelines, for product launches.
Requirements for Production Coordinator, Co-manufacturing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience, which could include production management, operations, and/or QA/QC
- Dairy and/or meat industry experience highly preferred
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment is mandatory.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Willingness to travel >50% of the year, potentially internationally
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Demonstrated ability to lead and engage a production team
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet analysis, through the use of Excel and various other applications
- Comfortable working in a startup environment, embrace entrepreneurship and have enthusiasm for innovation.
- Emphasize personal transparency and accountability.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently & with a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across organizational functions.
- Exhibit strong sense of professional and personal integrity.
- Inherent curiosity and creativity in solving problems to understand how things work.
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work enthusiastically within changing priorities.