Description for Production Manager:
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing production floor employees and key performance metrics. Provide direction to implement, plan, develop, organize, and continuously improve production areas to maximize productivity and efficiencies and to minimize scrap and downtime.
Responsibilities for Production Manager:
- Analyze production processes and systems, identify areas for improvement.
- Oversight and development for shift supervisors and technicians including performance reviews.
- Develop short and long-term plans for process improvements.
- Develop preventive and predictive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Act as lead production contact for project management reference during quoting and customer interaction.
- Track key performance indicators and uphold accountability systems.
- Support both internally and externally driven RCCM (CAPA) initiatives.
- Establish, document, verify, and maintain optimum processing parameters and establish upper and lower control limits for process monitoring system.
- Coordinate first time tool-runs, perform rigorous mold try-outs, and startup of full scale production
- Active in the review of machine safety and corrective measures.
- Interface with Project Managers at design concept stage to ensure design for manufacturability
- Establish quality standards as related to materials.
- Be the technical authority on process monitoring and all materials technology matters; draw from expertise of materials suppliers, processor, and other outside sources acting as a point of focus for their direct or indirect input to solutions.
- Work with plant personnel to improve quality and efficiencies in production.
- Work with management in establishing strategic plan for continued process improvement.
- Active in the review of machine safety and corrective measures
- Monitor and understand new technologies to improve quality and efficiency.
- Drive organization to world class operation.
- Support quality tasks as per ISO-13485 Quality Program.
- Follows all safety guidelines and assist as needed in other areas of manufacturing.
- Drive OEE and 5S programs and develop maintenance processes.
Requirements for Production Manager:
- BS Engineering (Mechanical, Plastics or Technology) and/or comparable work experience level.
- 5+ years of production leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably within an automated environment. Medical device manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
- Proven experience establishing and leading via production KPI’s
- Solid foundation in Continuous Improvement via Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and 5S methodologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid project management skills set
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills for data analysis
- Individual must be able to stand for full manufacturing shift, ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities and able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.