Production Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6410
Description for Production Manager:
The Production Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day production floor operations of the facility. Working closely with the management team, the successful candidate will lead and direct a highly customer focused operations team, helping to move the organization forward while playing a role in the safety, quality, cost and delivery objectives of the facility.
Responsibilities for Production Manager:
- Support and drive continuous improvement/lean concepts and techniques throughout the
- manufacturing process in the achievement of cost reductions and process effectiveness.
- Ensure that a consistent, systematic and logical approach to problem solving, decision making, systems improvement and planning are continually and thoroughly applied by
- Provide feedback and support related to maintenance activities of the factory, including
- infrastructure, facility maintenance, plant preventative maintenance and utilities (as
- Manage the production activities of the factory in the attainment of production deliverables (efficiency, effectiveness, scrap, cost per earned hour, build/schedule attainment, delivery,etc).
- Implement and drive sustainability of 5S strategies and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensures that safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff through ongoing feedback and formal performance reviews.
- Perform regular workplace inspections.
- Conduct safety talks, staff meetings and department/line meetings.
- Ensure that safety and environmental standards are promoted and followed.
- Be involved in accident/incident investigation programs.
- Ensure that new employees are trained on department hazards and safe operation of
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
Requirements Production Manager:
- University degree and/or post high school education in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated success and proven results within companies serving equipment manufacturers.
- Experience supplying steel fabricated components and assemblies to leading equipment manufacturers.
- A thorough knowledge of the product development and steel fabrication processes.
- Extensive knowledge and leadership in the principles and practice of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and small progressive manufacturing disciplines.
- Strong leadership, management, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent planner and implementer with the ability to make things happen.
- Willingness to work hands-on with all levels of the plant, commanding respect while developing positive relationships.
- Ability to promote a culture of innovation and keep employees positively motivated.
- Ability to see the big picture. Understand how various functions integrate and the importance of the entire organization working as a single team.
- A strong and passionate career focus.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written.
Desired Skills for Production Manager:
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma knowledge
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.