Project Engineer (Contract)
Job Requisition: 6433
Description for Project Engineer:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the management, scoping and execution of capital projects for major metal fabrication manufacture. Will be responsible to work with all plant based and corporate stakeholders to ensure projects are executed safely and efficiently.
Responsibilities for Project Engineer:
- Accountable for Projects deliverables for assigned new Equipment and Capital Projects.
- Ensure that Project scope and specifications are clearly defined and that deliverables are being met to defined specifications from first time.
- Ensure that Project deliverables, including on-site activities are being completed within the project baseline cost.
- Ensure that Deliverables are being completed within the project schedule timelines.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, Environmental standards are met prior to start of project.
- Engage a network of vendors, outsourcers and peers to develop & document solution concepts.
- Convey solution concepts and associated risks and change implications to business partners to obtain their “informed buy in”.
- Create and manage approved budgets and timelines.
- Present project status updates to key internal stakeholders.
- Works closely with production scheduling and plant management on start-up plans.
- Ensures that the end result of projects is what was agreed upon at project design.
- Closes projects in a timely manner ensuring that all team members, management, and stakeholders are trained and prepared for production operations.
Requirements for Project Engineer:
- BS degree or higher within an engineering field, preferably within Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated track record of leading small and large scale capital projects from beginning to completion is required.
- Previous experience leading the implementation of automation robotics within a manufacturing setting is required; experience with the implementation welding robotics is strongly preferred.
- Efficient skills with the latest CAD software modules: design and layout, ideally has experience working with Pro-Engineer, Solidworks & Auto CAD
- Ability to read schematics, blue prints, and other technical documentation.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment design and functional issues.
- Ability to work effectively under tight time constraints and utilize a combination of time management and vendor coordination abilities.
- Hands-on experience managing external vendors and technical contractors required.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally with engineering, production, maintenance, and safety teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively drive tasks to completion as well as to present to senior level management.
- Skills in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Knowledge of Lean concepts.
Desired Skills for Project Engineer:
- Experience working in metal fabrication manufacturing setting, featuring metal cutting, forming, welding (manual and robotic) and machining.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, preferred.
- Experience working with an ISO 9001 quality system.