Project Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Philadelphia Area, PA
Job Requisition: 6331
Description for Project Engineer:
The Project Engineer will be a leader on a dedicated team focusing on New Product Development from project initiation through product launch. The team will work very closely with Product Management, Manufacturing and Quality in order to ensure all product requirements are met. This position will lead both domestic based projects as well as sourced products that are manufactured by partner suppliers in Asia.
Responsibilities for Project Engineer:
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines product specifications by studying product design and translating consumer requirements into product requirements.
- Develop, issue, and maintain all Mass Production, New Model, and Evaluation documentation, including but not limited to: Quality Standards, Measurement Lists, Tolerance Stack-ups and BOM’s
- Work with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design team define internal components and product design needed to take product concept to product reality.
- Assess projects to determine the best resource fit based on project requirements and resource load.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Works with cross functional team to define the project schedule.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Clear communication of project status as well as product requirements to both the internal and overseas internal stakeholder and partners.
Requirements Project Engineer:
- BS or MS engineering or degree with a preference on mechanical engineering.
- Strong project management skill set
- Experience leading filter-based product development projects
- Experience/knowledge of testing in relation to filter technologies
- Experience in SolidWorks, ProE or similar 3D modeling program
- Candidate should have design, test or process engineering background in addition to regulatory and compliance experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently in highly technical subjects for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working within a gated product development process.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
Desired for Project Engineer:
- PMP certification
- Experience working with AC & DC (Brushed DC and BLDC) motors
- Experience with UL/ETL requirements/product testing
- Exposure to new and innovative technologies in a product R&D setting such as wireless, Bluetooth, home automation, etc.