Quality Assurance Manager (Direct Hire)
West Lafayette, IN
Job Requisition: 7115
Description for Quality Assurance Manager:
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for driving sustainable excellence in quality during the production cycle. This is accomplished by providing technical leadership within the quality discipline, driving adherence to systems, and maintaining intense customer focus. The QAM directs and coordinates all quality functions of the facility. This position requires efficient problem solving and data driven decision making in a fast-paced environment. As the lead Quality person in the facility, the QAM will frequently be expected to work directly with customers and suppliers as well as internal departments to effectively solve problems. He/she will need to be able to drive continuous improvement in the facility.
Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Manager:
- Lead manage and mentor the general performance and continual development of the Quality Assurance Department. Develop plans to improve the skills of each person in the department and monitor overall effectiveness.
- Supplier Quality Management
- Oversee the execution of all internal/external corrective actions.
- Provide leadership to all departments with respect to internal problem-solving activities.
- Maintain and implement internal product and process reporting systems and utilize data driven, problem solving techniques to determine root cause/corrective action and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification. Schedule and lead recertification and surveillance audits.
- Maintain AAR M-1003 certification. Schedule and lead recertification and surveillance audits.
- Lead and maintain APQP and PPAP process deliverables to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Lead implementation and maintenance of FMEA, Process Flow Diagram and FAI per to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Work with other departments to implement management by exception, poke-yoke and CTQ verification driven processes.
- Directly supervises employees in Quality Assurance.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Requirements for Quality Assurance Manager:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Industrial Technology/ Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience. A minimum of 3 years of experience must be in a decision-making position with authority to define, execute or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawing (GD&T), manufacturing methods and procedures, work instructions, manufacturing, and quality control plans, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Previous experience leading projects
- Root-Cause Analysis Experience
- Ability to work with deadlines and in stressful situations
- Knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, and Access/ Sequel Server), QT9
- Applicant should be comfortable working independently and managing, prioritizing and adjusting priorities to support the business
Desired for Quality Assurance Manager:
- Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility (Gage R&R)
- AutoCAD experience
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- ASQ Quality certifications
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.