Quality Engineer (Direct Hire)
Crystal Lake, IL
Job Requisition: 7009
Description for Quality Engineer:
This quality engineer will mostly be conducting customer complaint investigations for their clients within med-device. The investigation will center around the specification of client requirements and quality of their flexible packaging pouches or other medical packaging offerings. This individual must have at least 1-year previous experience working on customer complaint investigation. Also, ideally the candidate would only have about 2-4 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in a production environment.
Responsibilities for Quality Engineer:
- Support customer complaint and internal failure investigations as needed.
- Create and update quality processes; create and update quality system documentation and changes.
- Perform internal audits per schedule; maintain records on internal audits conducted by other auditors.
- Initiate changes to specifications and initiate specifications for new products.
- Perform administrator duties for Client’s SPC system.
- Conduct analysis and reporting with the Statistical Process Control (SPC) program and act as a liaison with Engineering, Quality and Production departments to continuously update and improve the SPC system.
- Support the use of SPC data entry, interpretation, and programming jobs/files in the SPC software as required for the Quality Inspector group.
- Proactively support first production lots, tooling, and material changes.
- Provide plant data analysis in support of Client’s KPIs.
- Support QA Lab knowledge, equipment, and tools.
- Maintain and improve the Client’s Product Standard (TPS) system to build corporate defect knowledge and improve shop floor decision making.
- Support development and improvement of Client’s ERP system.
- Data entry, control and maintenance of testing logs and other required reports such as processing Non-Conforming Material (NCM) disposition, NCM documentation and reports.
- Act as back-up for other Quality functions and tasks.
- Provide training and direction to QA team members on an ongoing basis.
- Support the organization by planning for, coordinating and facilitating audits with external auditors minimizing issues and findings.
Requirements for Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- 2+ years of Quality Engineer experience in a production environment required.
- Previous ERP/MRP experience required.
- at least 1-year previous experience working on customer complaint investigation.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment Reading & Ruler tests.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with others required.
- Works well with other departments in communication of timelines, priorities and resolving ambiguous tasks/situations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.