Quality Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6373
Description for Quality Engineer:
The Quality Engineer will ensure the quality of parts produced is in alignment with our quality assurance program designed to ensure prevention or elimination of defects in our new or existing products. The Quality Engineer will provide guidance to our highly focused Quality Assurance team with the goal of exceeding customer quality performance expectations.
Responsibilities for Quality Engineer:
- Assists in maintaining all necessary documentation for ISO and QA certifications.
- Primary contact on all Customer quality concerns; ensuring all quality concerns are communicated accordingly.
- Prepare all necessary documentation to perform testing for PPAP requirements.
- Analyzes various reports, specifications and prints to identify existing and potential quality problems.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plan and inspection documents.
- Interpret Faro Arm
- Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T). programming & Measuring.
- Inspection of in process and finished weld assemblies.
- Troubleshoots and participates in solving quality-related production problems.
- Track and troubleshoot internal and external no-conformances.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Develop and assist with implementation of inspection methods and procedures for use by inspectors during production.
- Develop corrective actions.
- Determine key characteristics and analyze SPC data for product and process improvements.
- Prepare prototype sample submission packages.
- Review customer specifications and interpret and guide relevant team members.
- Gauge/fixture calibrations.
- Keep track of the control charts being plotted on a regular basis without any failure.
- Quality cost updates with administration.
- Perform internal audits.
- Contact / visit customer plants.
- Comply with health and safety rules of the company.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Quality Engineer:
- BS degree of higher in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering.
- Detailed working knowledge of ISO9001 — 2015.
- Knowledge of welding inspection, identification of defects, and non-destructive/destructive testing.
- A thorough knowledge of the product development and steel fabrication processes.
- Extensive knowledge in the principles and practice of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and small progressive manufacturing disciplines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents (Blueprints, specifications, etc.).
- Excellent planner and implementer with the ability to make things happen.
- Ability to promote a culture of innovation and keep employees positively motivated.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office — MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening