Quality Manager(Direct Hire)
Grand Prairie, TX
Description for Quality Manager:
The Quality Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the quality department at the manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for the planning, supporting and coordination of the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure the safety and quality of Alpine’s machinery.
Responsibilities forQuality Manager:
- Recommends, leads, and implements projects such as: operational process control, quality improvement, new product development controls / process development
- Establishes and monitors relevant metrics (KPIs) and implement actions to improve quality performance, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction
- Performs root cause analysis on customer returns and field failures
- Participates in Design Reviews, including technical reviews, Feasibility discussions, and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Develop, formalize, implement, and manage a Supplier Quality system that ensures incoming components meet specifications
- Perform internal and supplier audits. Issue internal and external Corrective Action Requests (CAR/SCAR)
- Work with customers on customer complaints (lead and organize containment action, root cause analysis and short and long- term corrective and preventive actions)
- Leads the change management process and related validation activities for components or machines
- Utilize ITW 80/20 Business Process for problem solving and process improvement activities/projects
- Create, review and update quality procedures and work instructions
- Performs inspection/analysis of production rejects/failures by providing feedback and taking the necessary corrective action.
- Mentors/supervises direct reports, coordinates and checks work activities, when applicable.
Requirements for Quality Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related
- 5+ years’ experience in a related area with extensive knowledge of quality/test processes and procedures and management.
- One - Three (1-3) years of Supervisory/Management Experience
- Failure Analysis, Inspection, and Blueprint Reading Skills
- CMQ, (Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence) CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) preferred.
- Work experience in implementing, validating, and auditing processes and procedures, preferably with experience in ISO 9001
- Proficient in the use of Statistical and Testing Applications
- Excellent Prioritization, Interpersonal, Organizational and Multitasking Skills
- High level of Accuracy and Attention to Detail.
- Basic Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical/Manufacturing-Assembly Skills
- Excellent Analytical/Problem solving, Troubleshooting and Teamwork skills
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills are required