Description for Quality Supervisor:
The Quality Engineering Supervisor is an active member of the management team who will oversee all facets of the quality department, including Senior Quality Engineers, Junior Quality Engineers, Engineering Support Technicians, and the QC lead. Must act as a key member and facilitator of the communication with customers and suppliers. Directly responsible for managing customer and supplier complaints and fostering continuous improvement through corrective and preventive actions. Responsible for monitoring customer complaint log as well as supplier complaints log and ensuring that all deadlines are met. Work with and develop Sr. and Jr. engineers to help gain experience in all aspects of quality. Promotes a cross-functional team approach to problem solving while utilizing some form of root cause analysis. Responsible for maintaining and improving the company Quality and Environmental management system. Manage Quality KPIs and ensure actions are taken to maximize results
Responsibilities for Quality Supervisor:
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (External, Internal, Supplier)
- Oversee / support Senior Quality Engineers, Junior Quality Engineers, Engineering Support Technicians, Rotation Engineer, and QC Lead
- Manage Customer and Supplier Complaint Log and ensure all due dates are met for corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicate with customers quickly on quality-related issues
- Lead root cause analysis utilizing entire cross-functional team
- Be an active member of the APQP team ensuring quality launch of new products
- Ensure all PPAPs are being managed and submitted to customer on time
- Work with cross-functional team to carry out / audit PF, PFMEA, and CP documentation and implement improvements
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required
- Support production team on quality-related concerns
- Ensure all Tools are up to date with calibration.
- Review and take actions when changes on Customer Specific Requirements
- Stop production if non-conforming goods are produced.
- Actively participates and promotes company continuous improvement culture
- Responsible for company Quality & Environmental Management Systems
- Responsible for Internal and External ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 audit schedules, results, and monitoring completion of action items
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure that Monthly BBSC is kept up to date
- Ensure all company policies, processes and procedures are being met and followed including but not limited to code of conduct, employee handbook, quality, and safety policies.
- Responsible for training and evaluating performance for new Quality Engineers/Senior Quality Engineers/Engineering rotation
- Support Product and Process engineers with any quality/process question
- Engage interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
- Monitor Supplier Scorecards. Request and follow up on corrective action when needed.
- Participate on QC interviews
- Actively committed to team’s development
Requirements for Quality Supervisor:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or related technical field
- Previous experience with quality or engineering in manufacturing related environment
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a high volume make to order manufacturing environment.
- At least 1 year in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Experience with leading teams in improvement activities.
- Experience with various root cause methodologies
- Conflict resolution methodologies
- Experience with Lean Tools and 5S.
- Experience with Process Flow
- Problem solving methodologies
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to communicate and present feedback and ideas to customers.
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Desired Experience for Quality Supervisor:
- Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish
- Certified IATF16949 and ISO14001 internal auditor.
- Familiarity with AIAG core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC)