R&D Radiochemist (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6784
Description for R&D Radiochemist:
To design and develop radiochemical separation techniques and processes to support the commercialization of spent nuclear fuel reprocessing and transmutation.
Responsibilities for R&D Radiochemist:
- Perform design and prototyping work related to chemical and radiochemical handling, sampling, separation, and analysis.
- Develop and modify standard operating procedures for the use of laboratory equipment and write inspection and test plans.
- Perform chemical and radiochemical handling, sampling, and analysis necessary for safe and efficient prototype testing.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Requirementsfor R&D Radiochemist:
- Master’s degree or PhD in radiochemistry, chemistry, nuclear engineering, or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of direct radiochemical research experience involving method development is required
- Experience with lanthanide and/or actinide chemical processing is greatly desired
- Proficiency with various laboratory techniques/instruments such as spectroscopy (alpha/beta, gamma, UV/Vis), chromatography (IC, HPLC, TLC), trace metal analysis (AA, ICP), and wet chemistry techniques
- Previous experience of process equipment selection and installation is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable safety and standards guidelines, such as NRC regulations.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and basic data management and computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to conduct presentations to small or large technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work as a self-starting individual, initiating action and activities when needed.
- Ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced dynamic team environment.