RMS Administrator (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6905
Description for the RMS Administrator:
Under the direct supervision of the Director Infrastructure & Operations, the RMS Administrator is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operation and maintenance of all Law Enforcement or Public Safety systems supported by the Information Technology Department.
Responsibilities for the RMS Administrator:
- Acts as a liaison between customers and end users, in order to assist in the implementation of program changes, updates, corrections and other system fixes.
- Responsible for routine and scheduled backups and assisting with updates, patches, or configuration changes.
- Supports for Law Enforcement Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Records Management Systems (RMS), and Mobile Computer Terminals (MCTs).
- Investigates and corrects data errors, including requests for system modifications by the vendor to enhance data capturing processes and prevent future occurrences.
- Works with the vendor and IT teams to develop detailed plan to prevent application and performance related issues.
- Recommends and performs application tailoring, including installation options, menu items, distribution scripts and content, version management, query capabilities, message switch formats and log management.
- Creates and maintains tools and scripts needed to automate administration tasks.
- Manages the user security privileges in the software.
- Verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems, and key processes. Responsible for audits of systems and software to identify potential issues.
- Documents issue resolution in the Service Desk system and implement best practices and procedures.
- Provides in-depth experience in troubleshooting dispatch system and hardware issues and remains involved in resolution process.
- Provides in-depth troubleshooting on key system issues and remains involved in resolution process
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to management for escalated issues.
- Participates in local, state, and national “user groups” of the same suite of supported applications to remain current with common issues and solutions.
Qualifications for Hire RMSAdministrator :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a closely related field. OR Four (4) years of professional work experience in information technology or a closely related field.
- Experience maintaining, administrating, and supporting enterprise system software.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and system/application problem solving support skills.
- Demonstrated skills in SQL, reporting tools like PowerBI, SSRS, COTS
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Requires possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license.