Safety and Environmental Manager(Direct Hire)
Description for Safety and Environmental Manager:
Corporate field focused role covering 5 different plants and quarries. Will spend 70% of their time in the field around Bardstown, managing all things pertaining to safety and environmental policies. Will include the management of: EHS training, emergency management, quarry crane inspections and all documentation, incident management, new hire orientation (EHS focused), fire safety and planning, adherence to all signage and labeling laws, and MSHA and OSHA reporting and compliance. Individual contributor role who is not afraid to get their “hands dirty” and be proactive around EHS.
Responsibilities forSafety and Environmental Manager:
- Own all MSHA policies and programs for numerous local sites.
- Own all OSHA policies and programs for numerous local sites.
- Conduct and oversee new hire orientation and training for all safety matters.
- Manage emergency and incident response programs.
- Manage fire planning and safety programs for each plant.
- Ensure all signage and labeling is accurate and update to date in accordance to state and federal laws.
- Visit both plants and quarries to ensure adherence to above.
Requirements forElectrical Engineer:
- BS/BA in related field At least 5 years professional electrical engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional EHS experience
- 3+ years in a MSHA environment with strong knowledge of MSHA compliance
- 3+ years in a OSHA environment with strong knowledge of OSHA compliance
- Leadership skills, with ability to be proactive with people and processes for any matters pertaining to EHS.