Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job Requisition: 6453
Description for Secretary:
Under general supervision, independently performs confidential secretarial duties of varied complexity, which may include policy-making matters, labor relations, legal and financial issues. Operates a variety of office equipment including computer, typewriter, fax machine, copy machine. This position requires face-to-face communication with the public as well as over the telephone. Requires employee to remain seated or standing for extended periods of time. Duties shall be performed in various office settings.
Responsibilities for Secretary:
- Type a wide variety of difficult, diverse and confidential materials from verbal or written instructions.
- Performs all functions in the operation of an office; mail, files, requisitioning, payroll, telephones, etc, at all times maintaining the integrity of the department.
- Researches and compiles information independently. Provides technical assistance.
- Composes a variety of correspondence; drafts letters.
- Assists individuals both internally and externally, with discretion.
- Operates a variety of office machines.
- Sets up and maintains complete filing system.
- Performs other duties assigned as related to the position
Requirements for Secretary:
- Requires extensive knowledge of secretarial practice and procedure.
- Requires typing skill of 50 wpm, corrected.
- Requires ability to take and transcribe dictation.
- Requires ability to operate a variety of office machines proficiently.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Requires ability to exercise courtesy, tact, diplomacy and discretion in all actions.
- Requires public relations ability.
- Requires high school diploma or G.E.D. to include course work in office procedures and practice.
- Requires minimum of two years progressively responsible secretarial experience.