Senior Automation Engineer
Job Requisition: 6447
Description for Senior Automation Engineer:
The Senior Automation Engineer will design, plan and execute system automation technologies and tasks throughout the product lifecycle. Work cross-functionally throughout the company as well as with outside vendors and contractors to properly coordinate and execute automation programs.
Responsibilities for Senior Automation Engineer:
- Develop, plan & execute automation technologies and automation engineering projects.
- Lead full product life cycle from concept to design, planning, procurement and execution, working cross-functionally.
- Coordinate with vendors and contract management, as needed, to properly install and coordinate automation programs.
- Design, Revise and commission PLC, HMI and DCS based technologies.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs and systems
- Develop and define process control, process control network, batch and recipe processing, and integration with MES systems.
- Provide advanced automation system design including data acquisition, integrity and retention, required for system tracking and trending, including development of data interfaces between disparate systems.
- Provide advanced automation technical knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training.
- Ensure effective maintenance and availability of automation equipment.
- Validate automation systems per cGMP and Regulatory guidance.
- Implement automation changes to existing control system hardware and software.
- Create, modify, and maintain automation system and documentation, including automation specification documents and SOPs, in a cGMP compliant state.
- Handle automation change orders and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Requirements for Senior Automation Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- 6+ years experience in automation engineering design and implementation of control systems software experience within a pharmaceutical, medical device and/or cGMP environment
- Proficiency in PLC, HMI and DCS in Product Development Life Cycle from concept development to product release.
- Basic understanding of Scada and/or MES systems