Senior Backend Engineer (Direct Hire)Remote
Job Requisition: 6779
Description forSenior Backend Engineer:
You are a backend engineer with a background in computer science or computer engineering or similar related degrees. You are passionate about designing scalable backend systems, reliable backend APIs, fault-tolerant integrations and third-party API systems. You are a great owner and have a strong can-do problem solving attitude. You are a critical thinker, and communicate with clarity. You are deeply familiar with software design patterns and able to apply the right one to the right problem. You take pride in the overall outcome and quality of your work. You engage with client-side team members on the design of an overall experience and help create the best software outcome. You are motivated to grow as an engineer and be part of a strong team.
Responsibilities for Senior Backend Engineer:
- Collaborate with client-side developers in web and mobile development to design new product features and concepts.
- Develop RESTful JSON APIs that will be used by client side teams to serve our app.
- Design backend data models, caching scheme, background processing/queuing, reporting, notifications/real-time updates aspects related to your features.
- Work with other backend team members to choose the right design patterns, data model definitions, and algorithms for extendability, reusability and reliability of our backend systems.
- Design and build fault-tolerant integrations into systems of interest.
- Use backend profiling tools to investigate performance challenges and optimize backend APIs, or backend design to ensure performance of our technology.
- Investigate technology defects and propose solutions to client issues or issues reported by the quality assurance team
Requirements forSenior Backend Engineer:
- CS Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years (outside of school) of experience working as a backend developer in an API team or web development capacity
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL queries using object relational data interfaces
- 3+ years of experience with rails
- 3+ years of experience designing software applications: data models, abstractions
- Strong problem solver.
- Strong debugging skills. Strong ability to isolate and identify problems.
- Strong ownership and collaboration skills.
- Clarity in communication.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with AWS, EC2 and Docker
- Experience with Ruby, Python or PhP
- Experience with Memcached and Redis
- Experience with information retrieval and real time search