Senior Controls Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Cleveland Area, OH
Job Requisition: 6544
Description for Senior Controls Engineer:
Senior Controls Engineer will be working directly underneath the Engineering Manager, he or she will be leading PLC programming for various customer applications within the life science and medical industries.
Responsibilities for Senior Controls Engineer:
- Develop program machine controls using PLC/ HMI solutions; primarily with Allen Bradley, Siemens, B&R, or other automated solutions.
- Daily programming in PLC controls programming languages such as, Function Blocks, Structured Text, and Ladder logic.
- Translate user functional requirements into technical programming specifications in order to integrate company product to customers’ automated environments.
- Document all software and hardware specifications.
- Assist in the writing of test procedures, execution of test, verification, and serve as a technical resource for the Test/Verification Engineering team.
- Develop and document operator instructions.
- Participate in design review and release within PLM.
Requirements for Senior Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related engineering degree.
- At least 4+ years of professional experience with PLC programming and controls systems.
- PLC software programming experience with Structured Text (ST/STX), Ladder Logic, and Functional Block Diagram (FBD).
- Experience working with a variety of programmable logic controller providers such as Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley, Siemens, B&R Industrial Automation, Mitsubishi, etc.
- Experience with HMI design and programming.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
Desired for Senior Controls Engineer:
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Previous experience in the medical device, bio-tech, life sciences, or pharma industries.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening