Senior Electrical Engineer – New Product Development (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6876
Description for Sr. Electrical Engineer - NPD:
The Senior Electrical Engineer will join a highly collaborative, dedicated Engineering team. This team focuses their efforts on Research and Development for Operating Room equipment utilized in hospitals around the world. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the electrical systems of complex electromechanical machinery. Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in executing product development and validation Products are developed to meet FDA requirements. Therefore, the candidate must demonstrate an understanding of designing product in a regulated environment.
Responsibilities Sr. Electrical Engineer - NPD:
- Lead system and subsystem level design for New Product Development Projects.
- Electrical and Control System design/development and testing/validation. PCBA Design.
- Apply code/standard guidelines and requirements to develop compliant product designs.
- Participate in writing requirements, test protocol, test reports and other project and regulatory documentation
- Ensure development and execution of appropriate test plans
- Lead continuous improvement efforts (design and certification, process systems, products incorporating new technologies (state of the art) / innovations in certain disciplines.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing, Service, Supply Chain, Regulatory.
- Supervise interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
- Provide support/input into technical roadmap at systems or assembly level.
Requirements for Sr. Electrical Engineer - NPD:
- Bachelor of Electrical or Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience required.
- Must have System level experience with an understanding of electrical, mechanical and systems process.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects; report generation
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability experience
- Experience with design controls process in a highly regulated industry; medical preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including schedule, resource needs, technical scope definition and providing electrical engineering guidance to project team engineers, designers and technicians
- Familiarity with controlling electro-mechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, and heaters
- Understanding of machine electrical hardware, such as wiring, connectors, mechanical packaging, thermal considerations, and power management.
- Knowledge of Medical Electrical Standards (IEC 61010-1, 61010-2-40, 61326-1) a plus.
- Experience in creating requirements and test procedures for electrical systems and printed circuit board assemblies
- Understanding of design and application of various sensor technologies, such as pressure transducers and thermal couples/RTDs
- Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touchscreen displays, printers, and other
- HMI accessories
- Understanding of machine communication protocols
- Travel up to 10% including internationally.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.