Senior Electrical Engineer – Electrical Controls (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6870
Description for Sr. Electrical Engineer:The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a crucial member of the Electrical Controls team and will be responsible for the management of multiple projects in the development of new products and updates to existing products. Will lead the hardware designs as part of a multidisciplinary team from concept to production by designing, developing, analyzing, and verifying electrical designs. Strong leadership abilities, communication, initiative, and organization will be needed to ensure success in this role.
*This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Responsibilities for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
- Specifies, designs, develops and verifies electronic and electrical designs.
- Develops, maintains and improves product design and documentation related to system controls.
- Performs engineering analysis and digital simulation using advanced tools to ensure product functionality.
- Participates in technical design reviews of products and design requirements documents.
- Develops test protocols and reports to validate changes and ensure product reliability.
- Evaluates and tests for EMC and Safety compliance for medical device electronic equipment.
- Evaluates and qualifies alternate source electronic components. Updates designs as necessary.
- Supports manufacturing, both internal and external, with resolution of production and testing issues.
- Supports design, development and maintenance of functional testers at the contract manufacturer sites.
- Manages interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
Requirements for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of related engineering experience.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree required.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals including, analog/digital design, sensor and control circuits, optoelectronics and embedded microcontrollers.
- Experience with electrical engineering design tools, including schematic capture and layout is beneficial. (Altium knowledge is preferred)
- Experience in analog, digital and mixed circuit simulation and modeling, such as LTspice and tolerance stackups is beneficial.
- Experience with lab test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, function generators, etc.
- Experience with EMC/EMI, ESD, shielding, safety, and certification testing
- Experience with developing design verification protocols, execution, and report generation (V&V).
- Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touch-screen displays, printers and other HMI accessories.
- Familiarity with machine communication protocols and data acquisition. Experience with NI DAQ equipment and LabVIEW is a plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Lean Six Sigma / (DFMA) Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability is beneficial.
- Travel up to 10% including internationally.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening