Senior Electrical Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6869
Description for Sr. Electrical Engineer:The Senior Electrical Sustaining Engineer will lead product improvement initiatives, cost reduction efforts and resolution of electrical component availability due to obsolescence and/or availability. This person will collaborate with cross functional team members and external suppliers to identify and execute sustaining projects. This Sr. Electrical Engineer will apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to accomplish assigned engineering tasks, such as component selection and analysis, printed circuit board re-design and cable/harness design. This person will assist manufacturing and service to resolve problems.
*This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Responsibilities for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
- Specifies, designs, develops and verifies electronic and electrical designs.
- Evaluates and tests for EMC and Safety compliance for medical device electronic equipment.
- Evaluates and qualifies alternate source electronic components. Updates designs as necessary.
- Troubleshoots production and field issues.
- Leads design related quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Participates in technical design reviews of products and design requirements documents.
- Performs engineering analysis, including simulation and tolerance analysis to ensure product functionality.
- Develops test protocols and reports to validate changes and ensure product reliability.
- Assesses impact of changes to standards (including 60601-1, 61010-1-101) on existing products.
- Performs additional testing and design changes as necessary.
- Works directly with contract manufacturers and internal sourcing teams to support production.
- Manages interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
- Supports design, development and maintenance of functional testers at the contract manufacturer sites.
- Generates and manages Engineering Change Requests/Notices.
- Supports Design Transfer activities from R&D to Sustaining Engineering.
Requirements for Sr. Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree required in addition to a minimum of 5+ years of related engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals including, analog/digital design, sensors, optoelectronics, embedded microcontrollers, and EMC.
- Experience with design and application of various sensor technologies, such as pressure transducers and thermal couples/RTDs, etc.
- Experience with safety and EMC standards, including IEC/EN61010-1, 61326-1, 60601-1.
- Experience with lab test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, function generators, etc.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects.
- Experience with developing design verification protocols, execution, and report generation (V&V).
- Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touch-screen displays, printers and other HMI accessories.
- Understanding of machine communication protocols and data acquisition.
- Experience with electrical engineering design tools, including schematic capture and layout is beneficial. Experience with Altium is preferred.
- Experience in analog, digital and mixed circuit simulation and modeling, such as LTspice and tolerance stackups is beneficial.
- Lean Six Sigma / (DFMA) Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability is beneficial.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC’s) and/or NI DAQ equipment and LabVIEW is a plus.
- Travel up to 10% including internationally.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.