Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job Requisition: 6447
Description for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is part of the company embedded software team. The team is responsible for creating embedded software solutions for all company product platforms including electric vehicle service equipment, battery testers, diagnostic and service chargers, and in-vehicle battery monitoring solutions.
In this position, you will be responsible for the specification, design, and development of all layers of embedded product software. The preferred candidate will be a leader capable of driving a project team working in a scrum development model and is experienced with the full software lifecycle including architecture, high level design, and development. An intense focus on delivering quality software and driving continuous improvement is a must. You will work with account teams and customers to understand customer needs and develop custom solutions.
Required Knowledge and Abilities Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Developing embedded software at the driver, OS, and application layers
- Architecture, design, development, and test of embedded product software components
- Driving a multi-function project team to deliver quality software releases
- Identifying and implementing software enhancements that increase efficiencies and portability
- Working with sales, marketing, and customers to create solutions and produce product specifications
- Providing status on software development efforts to project management and management
- Providing technical support to account and customer service teams, and driving investigations into field issues
- Creating and participating in continuous improvement initiatives and advancing product quality.
- Performing root cause analysis of post-release software issues
Qualifications for Hire Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
- Minimum 5-8 years of Embedded software development
- Familiarity with hardware design and schematics
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Extensive experience using embedded C
- Familiarity with embedded RTOS such as FreeRTOS
- Good visual and software design sense and creative drive
- Experience with communication protocols such as i2C, SPI, USB, CAN, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi communications preferred
- Experience with GIT, Jira, Crucible is preferred
- Familiarity with Android a plus
- Ability to work in a global team environment and interact with engineers in locations around the world.
- Experience with direct customer interaction is a plus