Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Direct Hire)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job Requisition: 6353
Description for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer is part of the R&D team for a global medical instrumentation company and will be working on New Product Development, New and Emerging Technology Research, and Intellectual Property creation. The Embedded Software Engineer will handle a wide range of embedded software projects from low layer (hardware interfacing) to higher level (UI interfacing) work. This Engineer works with multidisciplinary teams to coordinate strategies and facilitate plans to make sure the technologies are inter-connected, and projects are delivered on time with quality.
Responsibilities for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
- Develops new product concepts and designs. Delivers prototypes and final product on specifications and requirements.
- Conducts design reviews at the project level and collaborates with peers on technical design, development, work estimation, system integration, and testing.
- Runs software validation & testing routines.
- Collaborates with management to prioritize and set direction of overall software development efforts of the project. Participates in product and program discussions and gathers all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality of product or assemblies.
- Works with R&D, Product Development, and Sales/Marketing to analyze the marketplace, competition, and technology trends. Conducts new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components.
- Deconstructs code to study, analyze, and learn details of designs, construction and operation. Documents systems including testing and validation.
- Applies understanding of existing product and clinical applications to define new product or process functionality.
- Ensures safety and regulatory standards are being followed with respect to design, application requirements and proper maintenance.
- Demonstrates skill for independent analysis and synthesis of solutions for problems, exhibiting creativity, foresight, innovation and judgment in anticipating and solving these problems.
- Initiates and maintains strategic supplier and partner relationships with key individuals of other organizations, requiring skills in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Independently plans and manages own work activities to department objectives
Requirements for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years related experience in programming, software application design and development for embedded products.
- Proficiency with the following Languages/Tools:C#, C/C++, Assembly, Source code control (Git, SVN, JIRA, etc.)
- Proficiency in debugging code and improving the performance of existing programs.
- Understanding of embedded systems and architectures. Experience in embedded Linux.
- Familiar with all aspects of software development (requirements, design, implementation, test), software development life cycle (Agile, Waterfall), and structural design techniques
Desired for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
- Experience with Computer Vision
- Prior experience working in a high regulated environment.
- Experience working with DC Brushless Electric Motors (BLDC)
- Experience with camera and image processing.
- Engineering knowledge crossing into multiple technical disciplines: software, hardware, mechanical.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening